Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Focus

First off, the reason I have been MIA is that I have been in the studio working with A.1.O. - I mixed their new street single "Swagga Talk" which you can download and listen to by clicking on the image below:



That being said, lets catch up.
Lately I have been focusing on sharpening very important skills to any producer. Engineering Skills. As I polish these skills, I get better and better at figuring out how to get the sounds I want, which is absolutely ESSENTIAL as a producer.

More importantly, I am working in a major studio as an engineer, thus making major contacts. Every producer has their own path. Some make some hot beats, and sell them until one blows up. Some work entirely with one artist until that artist blows up.

Me, I'm working my way up from the inside of the business. I'm not even marketing myself as a producer right now. Yes, I make beats. My trade is Audio Engineering. I have a master plan to transition to production eventually. I don't think you need to know the details of my master plan, but for know, know this: Engineering now, Producing later.

Although, I can't lie. I am still a producer at heart and stay up till the wee hours of the morning making tracks and envisioning them unfolding into hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment